https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Saturday 11 December 2010

An easel card for you

Hi peeps,
Wow I'm so excited, I went on just Magnolia yesterday to see this weeks challenge and saw I'd won card of the month for November, I was stunned to say the least as I didn't expect to see it and I thought at first my computer was playing up and it had put me back on my blog lol,
So I just wish to thank all the girls for making my day,

The card I've made here is for my daughter and her husband, Kay doesn't overly do girlie and fussy so I can never go overboard with her stuff, right tom boy she was as a child, hated Pink, so there was no body more surprised than me when she had pink bridesmaids, mind you they weren't a girlie pink lol,
gosh I'm waffling, must be this darn cold I've got lol,

The card shape is made using a circle go kreate  die, I would love to get the scalloped  edge one too but I've not managed to find that yet, the images are of course Magnolia, coloured with copics using Neenah classic crest card, which I thought I'd try for a change, it seems ok and will let me add Distress inks to the background which my other card wouldn't,
I stamped Tilda on to the card, cut the circle, cut out Edwin and sat him on some ribbon which I've threaded underneath Tilda by cutting slits near her feet and threading it through, the rest of the background is made with a grunge stamp using Antique linen Distress ink and I've then blended the same colour round the circle and near the images, I've also used a gold dauber to highlight the gold and used it round the edges of my outer cardstock citrcles too, there is also a Lily of the valley small sentiment stamp on too,
My papers are Magnolia and I've edged them with Platinum stickles, the  Butterflies are edged in the gold dauber and then little gold gems are added to bring in the ones on the circle,

The edges of the Doo Hickey tag are edged too,
The flowers are from a craft event I went to,

Challenges:
Just Magnolia ~ Christmas card,
Totally Tilda ~ With love,
Timbroscrapmania ~ Red and green
Well apart from some star dust stickles on her clothes, two red heart pins and a bit of gold twine and a spellbinders tag with computer generated sentiment, I thinks that's it, phew are you still with me lol,
I hope the piccies look alright, I dropped my camera the other day onto a laminate floor, how it's still working is beyond me lol,
Hope you all have a lovely weekend with lots of fun,




21 comments:

Carol said...

Oooo Liz, I'm in luv again hehe! This card is just gorgeous Hun, really beautiful. Your cards are always so inspirational, fabby lo too. Well done on your win over at Just Magnolia, it was well deserved. Have a great weekend. Lotsa luv xxxx

Giò said...

Such a fabulous easel card!!! Full of lovely details and image too!! Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Miria said...

Hi, Liz. your cards are becoming more and more gorgeous! I love your Christmas scenes! Congrats for your winning on Magnolia! Hugs. Miria

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Liz and many congratulations on your Just Magnolia Card of the Month!! My daughter is just the same as yours - doesn't do girlie and was a proper tomboy when she was younger!! Still at least she wears dresses now!! LOL
Hugs
Dawn xx

Chrissy said...

Totally goegeous. Beautiful rich vibrant colors. Love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Judi said...

What a FABULOUS card Liz! I'm sure you're daughter will love it, not girly, but just right!

Hugs

Judi xx

Janette said...

All your cards are gorgeous, love this, the colours are soooo festive, congrats on the Magnolia win, well deserved I think.xx

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your win Liz!! I just love round easel cards and this is gorgeous! This Tilda would have to be one of my favs at the moment :) Beautiful card!

Sharon x

Janiel/ janny said...

Liz, this is beautiful sweetie!! I love the coloring you always do and I tell you that your designs and details are FAB!!! I love when you do Maggie cards!! THey are the best dear!!
big holiday hugs, Janei

chrissy xx said...

What a super super card. LOve the colours and LOve the shape lol.
Congratulations on your win! WoW!!
Chrissyxx

heidy said...

Hi Liz,what a fabulous card,I love everything about it.
Hugs Heidy

Anonymous said...

OMG!! How stinkin' cute this is!! I adore your coloring and your beautiful flowers!! Fabby easel creation friend!!HUGS

Sarah said...

Another beautiful card you are really outdoing yourself, we will be expecting more and more from now on you know lol - love the whole element of this - you must be spending some time on each of these wonderful creations. You daughter will just love this one.
Hugs Sarahx

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWWWW Liz this is absolutely wonderful I love it so much, the shape, colours, design and the images oooooo this is gorgeous. I am also loving your blog look.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anna-Karin said...

Love this card.

Gypsy said...

fantastic card. So wonderful colours! Great!

Hugs Reni

Cor* said...

Congrats on your Just Mag win! Woo HOO...**high five**... and wowzers, stunner with these images together. Who woulda thunk, I mean besides you! What an awesome layout and perfect embellies to match . Colors are fantastic! LOVING your card for the one YOU love!! Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda this fortnight. Happy Holidays from Corry & the Totally Tilda Team!

Bev said...

Wonderful Christmas card Liz! Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week x

Mandy said...

Ooooooo hunny this is another stunner, love everything you've done and used.
Congrats on getting card of the month woo hoo.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda and I'll email you for a catch up asap
hugs Mandy xx

Lori said...

These two are the perfect compliment for each other and your layout is stunning, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda, don't forget to pop back and join in our new challenge on Sunday!

HeidiD said...

Beautiful card :)