https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 21 December 2010

A Gift for you

Hi Peeps,
We've had no more snow as yet but gosh it's freezing, I've got my heating on and it's still cold lol,

Made this bookmark as a little extra for my mum for Christmas, she loves to read and so I thought she will like this, well hopefully anyway!


As you can see I've made it that it sits on the front of the book, so I could add layers and embellies and the ribbon with a heart charm is used for the marker,


This is another gorgeous Tilda from the new collection, I'm loving these, coloured with Distress inks, the edge has a Adirondack pearl dabber used on it, and I've added some to the butterflies too,
the flowers are Prima, butterflies Martha Stewart, buttons, pearls and twine stash, I've used three sizes of labels Nesties,
The background is painted with DI's too but I've gone for a subtle look,
As you can see the third nestie has been used for the sentiment, this I've kept fairly plain so it would rest  flat against the book,

Challenge:
Magnolia Down Under: A Gift For You,

Were supposed to be going food shopping this afternoon, as it gives more snow maybe for tomorrow and the village hadn't had a food delivery since Saturday, so we struggled to find just the basics, oh the Joys!
I will be back later in the week with my Christmas wishes, so bye for now,

14 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Oh!! I LOve this new Tilda lots!!!
Gorgeous bookmark lol. Fabulous colours too.
Chrissyxx

heidy said...

Oh what a gorgeous bookmark,Liz!!!
good Luck with your shopping
Hugs Heidy

Anonymous said...

hey liz...
just wanted to wish you and all your family a wonderful christmas and new year, all the best for 2011...

I adore your bookmark and agree the new tilda's are gorgeous...


I have been having issues with the PC again....Long story but you should see my conservatory, there are PC bits everywhere....

You take care hun and have a brill time with your family

big hugs
x
Vicky

Claire said...

Beautiful bookmark Liz, I'm sure your mum will treasure it.

cheryl said...

oh this is one amazing bookmark hun she wil just adore it sure of that,Also wanted to wish you and your family a happy xmas and a wonderful and healthy new year,love hugs cheryl xx

Unknown said...

Liz your Bookmark is gorgeous chum and your Mum will be chuffed to bits this will look ever so pretty hanging from a book beautiful detail as always chum, yes same here Liz it's been freezing not known cold like it before!! me too chum had heating on and my legs were still like ice brrrr and were forcast for more snow tonight, you try and stay warm chum
Hugs
Sarah x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Liz.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Ooooo it's absolutely gorgeous hunny, you mum will love it.
Your new look blog looks lovely
hugs Mandy xx

Debbie Dolphin said...

Oh wow this is such a beautiful bookmark.
Thankyou for playing with us at MDUC this week. Hope you are having a lovely Christmas too.
Lots of love
Debbie xxx

Joanne said...

LOVE THIS lIZ! I am nuts about book marks, I bet I have at least a dozen of them! And this Tilda is sooo sweet, I', sure your Mum loved it too! Funny, just yesterday I bought some beads and ribbons, etc. and am going to try a new craft with them - making book marks! We must have ESP! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and I send lots of good wishes for a very Happy New Year! Luv n' hugs, J:)

Sharon said...

Hi Liz,

I love this idea for a bookmark - it doesn't have to be flat and you can really embellish it to your hearts content!!

Beautiful :)

Sharon x

Fran said...

Oh, this is very cute and what a great idea making the Tilda part sit outside so you can embellish (cutting back on embellishment is always the hardest part of bookmarks) :) Thankyou for playing along with us this week at MDUC!!

annes paperfun said...

Oh..my love your bookmarks!
Beautiful!!!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC.
Hugs Anne Kristine

Camilla said...

Happy New Year!!
What a lovely gift!! A totally gorgeous bookmark:))
Thank you for joining MDUC.
Hugs, Camilla