https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 26 November 2015

A Winter's Morning

Hi guys, over at Tando Creative this week we have a tree's theme going on, so still being in a Christmas decoration mood I made this as a center piece for my table,

I took one of the Fir trees set, which is a set of three and stippled some of the Deco art texture sand onto them, this gives a lovely shadowy and textured effect, as it was drying I sprinkled glamour dust (glitter) over them, these sparkle beautifully in real life but as usual it isn't showing on here!!

The firt trees come with their own little stands but i decided to add them onto a mixed media board instead, which i covered unevenly, thicker in some places with Deco Art Modeling paste,
I took some of the adorable mini's Reindeer and painted them with Silver fluid ink and gave the Antlers a coat of stickles, these again sparkle lovely,
I fixed the deer onto the base when dry with some acetate, then added some Finland moss to my scene, I think the deer look like there having a lovely morning run through the woods,
If you fancy joining us with this or any of the themes just click on the link at the top of the page to enter,

Challenges
Anything but cute - it's ornamental
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx


6 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Oh Liz, this is just amazing and will look absolutely fabulous as the centre piece on your Christmas table.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

I love Tando products and buy a lot from The Craft Barn. Your centre piece is gorgeous. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pamellia said...

HOT DIGGITY DARN!!! Wow Liz, I had just popped in to say thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog and then I got distracted by this amazing Christmas decoration!! I just LOVE your treeline!! The texture on the trees is incredible and I love that you used a little bit of nature in there too!! I have just changed the theme for my Christmas decorations and boy oh boy, this would fit right in!!! (would you care for my address?) HAHA!!

I really do hope you enter this into our challenge this month at Anything But Cute! This is just so perfect for our "It's Ornamental" theme!! You have until Dec 5th to enter.

Anything But Cute - It's Ornamental

Big hugs, I am your newest follower!!

Redanne said...

I absolutely LOVED this when I saw it on the Tando blog and I am so pleased to see that you have entered this stunning piece of home decor into our 'It's Ornamental' challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne x

Pawsitively Creative said...

It is indeed winter morning looking at this masterpiece of art and nature! Awesome sauce design and use of textures! That modeling paste in the trees is wowzers. Wonderful little deers, hehe! I am really diggin the warm feel of this design. Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining in our "It's Ornamental" challenge at Anything Bute Cute. Hugz. ~Niki DT

Samra said...

Gorgeous winter scene!
Thank you for joining our It's Ornamental challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT

Paper Talk with Samra