https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 12 January 2017

Shabby style shelf shadow box

Hi guys, I thought I'd pop by today with a decorated shadow box I got in the latest

I started by measuring all the sections and then cutting them out of the gorgeous paper by Pion design - where the roses grow, which was also in the kit,
I then made some strips for the roof, decorating one side with a x cut punch from my stash, I also distressed the papers with a little vintage photo distress ink,
I made a paper template first for the triangular section at the top, then when I was happy with it, I cut it out of the designer paper, shown above!!
Here's the fun part!!! decorating it,
I first placed the paper strips on the roof , using both sides of the same 12 x 12 paper sheet,

I then decorated the insides, I adhered all the sections with the paper, then layered up some of the items from the kit and some from my stash,
I adhered a Joy crafts Lattice border die on the back, which I got from Tracy's shop, then  randomly laid some cheesecloth from my stash on the base of this section, I then used this gorgeous flower which  was part of the kit, wow it's stunning!!
I finished it off with a little green moss,
 I adhered some more cheesecloth on the section underneath the top section on the left, using this fabulous filigree key from the kit, and a flower and chipboard key hole by Scrapiniec from my stash,
On the outer edge of this section I added a  Scrapiniec border again from my stash, I've kept all the chip boards in their natural colour for this project,
For the middle section, I left the base plain this time, simply adding a metal clock face, wooden clock hand and some flowers from my stash,
On the outside edge between these two sections I fixed this adorable pearl flower and rhinestone trim which was in the kit, above this I added an air dry butterfly made with a mould again in my stash,
I used some of the cheesecloth for the background this time as I wanted this section to be layered and shabby looking and it also looks a little like fabric which went fab with the scissors, ribbon spool, onto which I wrapped a little twine, a fancy flower embellishment and some flowers all from my stash, I also added a coat hanger on the outside edge to keep the theme in too,
I had this fabulous arched frame which I got from The Ribbon Girl in my stash and I wanted it to have a 3D look in this section too, so I added a Scrapiniec ballerina chipboard behind the frame and finished it off with some more  WOC flowers from my stash,
For the last section at the bottom, I fixed some acetate from my stash,behind the adorable Penny Farthing bronze embellishment which was in the kit, to make it stand up and be slightly at an angle too, I adhered a little cheesecloth on the base of the box first, then fixed the acetate with the Penny Farthing on over the top, when this was dry I added a little moss at the front and a flower too,

I had this resin clock in my stash which fit this section perfectly, so I just added a border on the right hand side made from a cut down doily and some flowers, white leaf and a little hint of the moss again from my stash,
Between these layers I used another chipboard border by Scrapiniec and another butterfly made with air dry clay and a mould from my stash,

Finished view again, it took a lot of work and time but I love it,

Challenges
 Noor Design UK - Anything goes
Deep Ocean - Anything new
Frilly and Funky - intentions for the new year, ( using up some of my craft stash)
Happy Crafting!!

11 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Liz, Super pretty, bet Tegan will be after this.....xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Liz. Love this! It is a real joy to work with isn't it? I bet you loved it. Judy x

Gina's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Liz! I love what you have put in each section all the embellishments are gorgeous.
Hugs
Gina xx

MagsB said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Liz!

love Mags B x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog Liz. My Shadow Box will go live on Sunday. I just love the creativity of yours. Judy x

Pamellia said...

Wow Liz, what a fantastic project! Takes me back to the year I got the barbie house for Christmas, wow that was so much fun. All the pink flowers and dainty details, just like my Barbie house, I wish I could shrink down and go inside!! Hope all is well my friend. Happy weekend and big hugs :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a sweet little house! I love the way you used cheesecloth to create resting places for smaller items. Everything is so artfully arranged and pleasing to the eye. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie New Year Inspiration Challenge!

Pamellia said...

Just popped back in to say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie sorry I havnt been bymy lappy got damaged & I've been trying get used to my youngest sons lappy so typing has been slow lol.
Anyhoo I'm catching up with my super talented friends. This house is absolutely beautiful I love this sooooooooo darn much....it would look gorgeous in my bungalow ;-) Love every single detail & love the lush paper, it really is a beauty & shows off your talent perfectly hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Eulanda said...

This is sooooo stunning! I love the imagination you have when creating this, like what you did with the roof pieces. Stunning! Great embellie's all over. Excellent job with that kit! Thanks so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK's "Anything Goes" challenge. My personal favorite challenge. LOL!! Happy new year to you and years! Hugs!

Anne said...

Worth the time and effort Liz - so much to look at, this is a wonderful project

Anne x