https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Fall style Birthday card

Hi all, I'm here today with a Birthday card I made for my Brother-In-Law recently, 
he loves all things nature and seeing as his Birthday was when the leaves start turning I couldn't resist using the adorable fall colours around now,


I used the fabulous Maja Design Walking in the Forest paper pad in 6" x 6" for the backgrounds, I cut these out with the fantastic Gummiapan old paper dies, these work so well for men cards as well as  for ladies too of course,

I decided I wanted to make a frame out of two of the Old paper dies for the centre of my card, I did this by placing the next largest die then the next one down onto a magnetic mat and ran them through my die cutting machine with some card stock on top, the magnetic mat keeps the dies in place so they don't move, I then ran the Designer paper through my die cutting machine with the dies in the same place so it fit onto the cut card stock perfectly,


I then stamped the awesome Reindeer stamp below the text,  I love how this can be used for nature lovers and around Christmas time too,
 I stamped the Reindeer by using my Tim Holtz stamping platform to get the stamp aligned correctly,   
I then stamped the Happy Birthday text stamp onto one of the designer papers and then cut them out into a simple tag shape,


Do check out all the fabulous stamps and die cuts Suha has in store, the prices are amazing, the dies cut cleanly first time and the stamps work fabulously too,

Tim Holtz - Stamping Platform ( Available to Pre- Order)

Happy Crafting!!!

4 comments:

Lia said...

This is a great card with a lovely phrase onto it. I like the warm colours.
Lia xx

Henry said...

Very very nice birthday card you created!!! I really like those beautiful Autumnal colors and the very inspiring phrase:)
Henry

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a wonderful male card! I love the papers and the colours are so fitting for an autumnal birthday card! Great design too!
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

Love the papers and the sentiment is brilliant. A gorgeous card. Congrats on your DT position and not surprised as the flowers you have made are awesome. Hugs, Carol S.xx